Born into a family of musicians, she was initiated by her father, Jean-Claude Malgoire, in « La Grande Ecurie et la Chambre du Roy », and subsequently by her teacher, Sigiswald Kuijken, in the « Petite Bande », while pursuing her graduate studies at the Conservatory of The Hague.
Her talent as a concertmaster has been in high demand over the years by renowned conductors and ensembles such as « La Grande Ecurie and la Chambre du Roy » with JC Malgoire , « Les Talens Lyriques » with Christophe Rousset, « La Chapelle Royale » with Philippe Herreweghe, and « Les Arts Florissants » with William Christie.
Worldwide concerts and recordings have included Rameau’s « Platée » with Jean-Claude Malgoire, Handel’s « Scippione » with Cristophe Rousset, J.S. Bach’s “St. Matthew Passion”, Philipp Herreweghe, and Haydn’s « The Creation » with William Christie.
In 2003, she created her own ensemble, « Les Dominos”, performing in formations from trio through to orchestral from the Baroque and Classical periods.
“One never hears Florence Malgoire playing in a mannered or affected way (…) She plays as she breathes, and it is to say the least just how much her colleagues love to follow her when she leads from the violin ». (Gaetan Naulleau, Diapason).
“The Dominos » for the « Ricercar » label:
- Sonatas for violin and continuo by Elisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre (Choc Classica)
- The complete trio sonatas by François Couperin, (awarded FFFF by Telerama and 5 by Diapason)
- “Noëls et Symphonies pour un reposoir » by M.A. Charpentier in collaboration with « Les Agréments » and conducted by Florence Malgoire.
… “Generous on the thread of the bow, she puts her cards on the table with her “dominos” partners” (Gilles Macassar, Télérama)
- JP Rameau Sextet (selected by Renaud Machart as one of France Musique’s best recordings of the year).
“The Dominos » for the Psalmus label:
- – Complete sonatas for violin and continuo sonatas by Biber (4 discs plus DVD) (Special Prize awarded by the Académie Charles Cros).
- – Complete sonatas for violin and harpsichord by JS Bach with Blandine Rannou (for Zig-Zag label) (awarded 5 Diapason).
- – The recreation of JM Leclair with « Les Nièces de Rameau » (Vérany label) (awarded 10 by Répertoire).
- – Sanguineus et Melancholicus by CPE Bach, with « Les Nièces de Rameau »(for Zig-Zag label) (awarded FFFF by Télérama).
Florence Malgoire has also participated in creations with singers, dancers and comedians, notably as musical director for « La Belle Dame », a production conceived and choreographed by Béatrice Massin and her company « Fêtes Galantes”, and with a DVD release by Mezzo. She also performs concert-lectures with MC Barrault.
As a director, she has appeared in numerous festivals, such as Geneva’s Agapé, in Haut Jura, Naples, Avignon and Beaune directing Mozart’s Requiem, the Grands Motets by Rameau, concerti by Handel and Bach and symphonies by JP Rameau, Biber and Muffat.
A devoted teacher, Florence Malgoire has been invited to teach baroque violin for internships and master classes in Sablé, Jijon, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Rio de Janeiro, as well as for the French and Atlantic Youth orchestras and at the Juilliard School in New York. She holds permanent faculty positions at the Haute École de Musique in Geneva and at the Schola Cantorum in Paris.